Friday, April 9, 2010

New Vision

I've know for a year that this time was coming...

I have a large cataract behind the capsule of my left eye. Not uncommon, I was told. (although none of my friends knew about it.) It's an outpatient procedure... 6-10 minutes only... I can immediately go back to my routine activities, except for kick boxing (which I don't do anyway!) I can garden, clean house, work at my job... after some research, I'm ready for my new vision.

... and not just with my physical eyes... but with my spiritual eyes... I want to see God's plan for me.

Many of you know that I've been reading THE PERRICONE PROMISE by Dr. Nicholas Perricone. I went shopping today at Whole Foods Market and brought a few items which he recommends... I bought organic yogurt which is loaded with calcium... no fillers, stabilizers or sugars... even small changes in calcium levels of fat cells changes signals within the cells that control the making & burning of fat... therefore is important for those who want to loose weight... but want to also maintain lean muscle mass... this is one role of calcium in yogurt. (This is new info. for me. I love this kind of stuff!)

Another item I bought... Kefir... a complex mixture of yeasts and lactobicillus bacteria... which can be described as a liquid, sparkling yogurt... and mixed with a dose of Active blend MonaVie ... Yum-m-m-o! a very berry shake! Unlike yogurt, which is created from milk by adding certain lactic acid bacterias, Kefir is made by combining milk with a pinch of "kefir grains" It has been popular in Caucasus, Russia, & SW Asia... What are the health benefits? Per Dr. Perricone, it stimulates the immune system, enhances lactose digestion, and ... much more. So, wanting to see with new vision, I am open to trying this new food and ... found it very tasty! There is so much to learn! So much to see!

More to come... enlightenment... new vision!

No comments:

Post a Comment