Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Diet: continued

I bet you thought I had forgotten the diet I started (to be exact) on Jan 18th ... Did I forget my intentions to lose weight ... to walk 4-5 times a week? Not completely.

While I admit that I had a few distractions since Jan,(the weather is always a good one), I am still striving toward my goal; a healthier, thinner (as in less body fat), happier me. But I have been back on track... walking 4-5 times/week... educating my self for a better diet ... trying a more organic way of eating. I've been reading Dr. Perricone's THE PERRICONE PROMISE... a great book. I watched the movie, INC FOODS. What an eye opener! I plan to shop more in local farmer's markets (and there are plenty to choose from) and buy less processed/packaged foods. (Of course, my MonaVie juice blend is extremely compatible with this style of diet.)

I have to tell you, that not walking for 2-3 weeks made my body feel almost like it did way back in Jan... like it was starting all over again! But life is sometimes that way... one step forward, two steps back. If we keep moving ahead, don't give up, eventually we will reach our goal!

Remax (my cat) is stalking a gray squirrel outside the window... now he's racing from one window to another! The squirrel doesn't seem to be worried. Afterall, this game has been played before. But I am reminded that it's time for my morning walk!

Health, Wealth & Love to all on this beautiful sunny morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment